Do I Need To Hire An Engineer?

The short answer is No. While an engineer may be better able to assess certain unique structural or mechanical problems that may be present at a community, these are generally rare and far between.
A Reserve Study is primarily a financial assessment and if your analyst has an adequate background in construction and finance, your report will be completed accurately.
If your reserve inspector notices something that requires further investigation, they should make note and will provide referrals to qualified engineering experts.